Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2013

New Designs

This month has been interesting.
The new designs that I have been coming up are some of my favorite plus the fans are really giving me some excellent feedback and loving to wear them as much as I am loving to create them. Using more watch parts, spoons and vintage finds my style is transforming into what I always envisioned my business being.
                                                                               
Horse Parts
This necklace started off like any of my designs begin, I find the main piece and work around it.
With my business being focused mainly around
booze my mind is always set to beer so,
of course when I saw this gold rusted up piece
my mind right away thought bottle opener.
Nope that is not at all what I thought it was, the
lady selling it at the rummage sale I found it
at laughed at me. She then explained how
it was used to decorate horse mains back when
these animals were used as main sources of
transportation. Like how we decorate our cars
with stickers this is what they used to decorate
horses. I then added a watch part plus 2 pearls
to hang from the center of the horse decoration and
is hanging on a long 35inch chain.



Broken Washington
This Piece was the first of my new designs that sold. My friend Emily bought it which makes me happy cause I get to see it every once in a while. My friend Jen gave me this part to work with and you would never believe that it started off as a spoon. As you may or may not know I hang WA state spoons from chains but, I broke this spoon and used just the top part of it. The watch pieces are all parts that I have been hoarding forever because I either broke them during the take apart process or that do not have a spot for me to put an O-ring through to use as a charm. Most of the pieces are the knobs that turn the minute and hour hands plus the little screws that hold the watch together. Every once in a while if it is a really nice watch there is a diamond in it so yeah I get fancy and add diamonds to my work too.

Have an idea for a custom design? Get a hold of me to put in an order for Christmas and give the most perfect one of a kind handmade gift this year!

Etsy
Facebook

                                                                      

                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment