Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Happy 2014


Don't you just love new year's? You can start all over
Everybody gets a second chance
Well it's a new year folks and why not start it off with a quote from one of my favorite movies of all time Forrest Gump and nobody could have said it better than that blonde bimbo at the bar!
In the past I would have made some very conceited  new years resolution but this year I just want to be nice, love more and put out positive creative energy. 
My small business Caps'N'Scraps has a lot to gain this year too: more shows, new designs, bigger pieces, art collaborations, installations and maybe even festivals this year well at least one! Here are some of the events I have planned for January so far:
inside the world famous Crocodile 
in Seattle WA. on 2nd Ave 
in Belltown. This Flea Market is 
one of my favorites I consider it 
my baby my first born of many 
more flea markets (hopefully) 
that I founded and curate every 
2nd Friday. 


  ArtAche Market might be the second event 
      of the year for Caps'N'Scraps 
but I am not sure yet. 
This market is combining forces with the very popular 
Hangover Flea Market       that was once housed in the Comet Tavern and is in the market for a new venue but, until then 
      we combine forces. So, even if I don't make 
     get out and enjoy other rad artist or have a shot 
     at the bar!


Urban Shopping & Cocktails is every 3rd Saturday in Tacoma and has become not only fun for what happens during the event but that I get to hang out and have brunch with Russ, Stephanie and recently Miss Jenny. This awesome event is hosted at the house of wonderful Christy Reedy of 
Libertine Tacoma and Jenson of the band Halcion Halo

                                                                                                  The third Saturday and Sunday of every month is always so much fun 2 events in a row keeps me busy plus my friends and I can drink on the job!
If you would like to be apart of the 3rd Sunday Punk Rock Swap Meet please message me capsnscraps@gmail.com 
with what you create or sell and maybe we can get together and drink on the job too.

Punk Rock Swap Meet at the 2 Bit Saloon in Ballard is my every 3rd Sunday show with other creative artist and crafters. So, come hang out with some bad ass beautiful lady bartenders making you delicious handcrafted cocktails for only $4 like a  bloody Murphy and do some local shopping too.

Origami Vaginas by Jenny Dantes
January is national Cervical Cancer Awareness month and 1000 Origami Vaginas has teamed up with some wonderful local businesses and artist to raise money for all the Who Who's out there. There will be a raffle at this event with part of the proceeds going to National Cervical Cancer Coalition Pacific Northwest Chapter. This event means so much to all of the ladies attending because not only are we females with who who's but, because our dear friend Jenny's sister was diagnosed with Cervival Cancer in April. I have 2 sisters and couldn't help but feeling for Jenny and knowing the pain of having your sibling be hurting and knowing there is not much you can do for them but, Jenny found her way of helping her sister out and I love her for that!  She created her page to dedicate her time and effort into folding 1000 Origami vaginas in order to raise money for her sisters medical plus recovery expenses. Her efforts everyones love and generosity paid off in July when after many treatments her sister was found Cancer Free. This did not mean the end of Jenny's battle to beat Cervical Cancer she now is involved with raising money and awareness for Cervical Health so, spread those legs ladies and get your guys to bend over cause guys need regular check ups too.

Whoo, that last part was really hard to write through my watery eyes that I had while thinking of all the strong females in my life and the power of sisterly love.
Well I hope you enjoyed my first blog of 2014 and maybe I will see you at one of these events this month Happy New Year and that's all folks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment